Metal Detectors Recommended
Metal detectors find gold nuggets without spending days sifting through mountains of gravel. They are the ideal gold prospector tool for the weekend gold fossicker. They also make a great tool to fill in hours at the beach, or a public park, while the kids are playing – you can search for lost treasure to pay for your holiday.
Choosing The Right Metal Detector
Metal detectors come in many shapes and sizes. They also have wide range of price tags. When it comes to choosing the right metal detector you have to consider a number of different things.
- What metals are you primarily going to be searching for? If gold is going to be your primary target metal then you want a metal detector that is able to accurately tune into gold – or more importantly, tune out the other metals. There is nothing more frustrating than constantly digging up rusty nails and shotgun pellets when you out gold fossicking. The moral of the story is that spending the money for the right metal detector will save you many hours of frustration.
- What locations are you most interested in exploring? If you are searching parks, or exposed river banks for flood gold, then you do not need a water proof metal detector. However, if you are searching in rivers, or in salt water, then you will need a very different head on your metal detector. Again, match the detector to your gold fossicking requirements before you purchase one to avoid heart ache.
- How serious are you about finding gold? If you want to maximize the time you spend out looking for gold, rather than just hope to get lucky with a nugget or ring sitting near the surface then you can get away with a much cheaper model of metal detector. If you want to explore to greater depths, or you are searching public beaches where many other people have searched with the cheap detectors, then you will want to spend the extra money to get a quality gold detector. It doesn’t take many gold nuggets, or lost rings, to recover the difference between an amateur metal detector and high quality metal detector.
One Brand Of Metal Detector We Recommend For Finding Gold
Not only is it well suited to gold fossicking because of its high sensitivity and ability to tune into gold specifically, it has excellent range enabling you to find gold that many cheap brands have missed. However, the difference that really sets Tesoro apart is the FACTORY LIFETIME WARRANTY. There is a reason that the other metal detectors come with no – or at best one to two year warranties; they are only designed to last that long! Tesoro build metal detectors to last a life-time and they stand behind their machines for a life-time!
Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ
When it comes to finding gold with metal detectors nothing beats the Lobo SuperTRAQ discrimination circuitry. Fast scan ability for maximum area coverage lets you maximize your time prospecting. No matter what soil type the Lobo SuperTRAQ ground tracking is accurate and reliable keeping you tuned for any precious metals present.
The biggest problem with inferior metal detectors is ground balancing. Lobo SuperTRAQ computerized ground tracking system solves this problem for you. No more frustrating spinning dials constantly trying to adapt in the changes in ground mineral levels. When you want high level pinpointing from a metal detector the Lobo SuperTRAQ discrimination circuitry gives you the advantage – find the gold and treasure other people miss.
- SuperTRAQ Computerised Ground Tracking System
- VLF 17.5 kHz Frequency
- Silent Search Discriminate Mode
- Three Ground Tracking Modes: Normal Soil, Alkali, Black Sand
- Ultra Smooth Operation in Extreme Mineralization
- MAXBoost Sensitivity
- Pole or Body Mount
- 3-Piece Knockdown Pole
- 10″ Elliptical Widescan Coil
- Lifetime Warranty
Your local Lobo SuperTRAC shop
Tesoro Tiger Shark
The Toreso Tiger Shark has the highest possible recommendations as a gold finding metal detector. It has all the superior features of the Lobo SuperTRAC plus it is a genuine dual function machine for those wanting to prospect in wet conditions.
The Tiger Shark does not fail in salt water conditions like so many of the others that claim to have water detecting abilities. Tesoro have overcome salt issues by using a completely different set of internal settings when Salt Mode is selected – it is all handled automatically and does not require the operator to learn how to reset the metal detector for the conditions.
In true Tesoro attention to detail the Tiger Shark comes with the ability to interchange searchcoils for underwater or dry prospecting. Do not forget the Factory LifeTime Warranty that sets Tesoro apart from other Metal Detectors. If you are considering a gold detector with underwater capabilities then we suggest your research the competition and then return to buy the best multi-purpose metal detector on the market – The Tesoro Tiger Shark.
- Interchangeable Coils
- 12 kHz Frequency
- Normal and Salt Operating Modes
- Expanded Discrimination
- Eight AA Alkaline Batteries, Drop-in
- Ground Balance Control
- Waterproof Coil
- Built-in Headphones
- 8″ Waterproof Coil
- Lifetime Warranty
Get the best deal from your local Tesoro Tiger Shark dealer.
Or check our listings for quality Second Hand Metal Detectors